Sunday, October 5, 2008

A magic moment. Over 100 people gathered, each heart lifted by the scene of two people dedicating their lives to each other. A truly wonderful setting: the lawn of a newly restored 100+ year old Victorian home, an absolutely gorgeous sunny day as we settled under the shade of dozens of trees with their fall foliage just starting.

And a couple in love, starting their lives together as man and wife.

My wish for them is simple.

I wish for them the happiness that Nancy & I have been blessed with all these years. I want Justin to wake up each morning knowing his mate was not the correct choice of his but a blessing from God.

I want Chrissie to go to sleep at night, secure that while life may be hard sometimes, her husband will be at her side through it all.

And I want Sophia Abernathy Wright to grow up knowing that she is loved every bit as much as the respective parents, family and friends loved her parents yesterday evening.

Thank you all for being there, if not in person, in spirit.


Last night, Nancy asked me if I remember how I felt on our wedding day.

My answer: Every Day.

This morning I listened to a song that summed it all up for me. I hope you’ll go to the video and listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4_x24cVHr8


He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts
Rest assured this troubadour is acting on His part.
The union of your spirits, here, has caused Him to remain
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
There is Love. There is Love.

Well a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home
And they shall travel on to where the two shall be as one.
As it was in the beginning is now and until the end
Woman draws her life from man and gives it back again.
And there is Love. There is Love.

Well then what's to be the reason for becoming man and wife?
Is it Love that brings you here or Love that brings you life?
Or if loving is the answer, then who's the giving for?
Do you believe in something that you've never seen before?
Oh there's Love, there is Love.
Oh the marriage of your spirits here has caused Him to remain
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
There is Love. Oh there's Love.

No comments: